Sugar Lemon Spit and Lies

Write, read and post! For those who love writing only!

Saturday 18 September 2010

Silence


I look at her. And I'm worried.
Because I never say anything and she doesn't either.
My mouth is drooping off my face.
Dripping.
Slowly.
Slowly every silent second.

I smile at her. But I am still worried.
Because I never laugh at anything and she doesn't either.
My ears roaring like a train engine.
Shrieking. Yelling.
Yelling every giggle-less moment.

I nod at her. But I am still very worried.
Because I know I don't understand much and she doesn't either.
So my heart is pulsing through my head.
Thudding. Throbbing.
Throbbing every missunderstood minute.

My smile shows, though. Though I still remained, stabbed with worry.
Because I think I'm starting to realize.
I'm seeing. Looking. Learning
Learning that maybe all that's worthwhile
Are the words we do not say.

No comments:

Post a Comment