Sugar Lemon Spit and Lies

Write, read and post! For those who love writing only!

Saturday 18 September 2010

Sand

I can't believe
how dumb
I am
to mistake
him for
that other man
to think
I couldnt
when I can
to see him hold
with his
whole hand.

I find it strange
how fast
it goes
how black
the screen
I'll never know
the tears
like kites
look how high
they flow
how could I
swoop down
so very low?

I like to
have the
upper hand
to know which
platform that
I stand
to follow directions
the clouds
have planned
now I can't believe
how dumb
I am.

I can't believe
how dumb
I am
I've tried digging
my escape
deep through
the ground
but my shuffles
sweating,
blisters
on my hand
and in the waves
he still stands.

I dont see why
it's him
instead
but the need
inside has
to be fed
my blood
is poisoned
my mouth
full o'lead
nothing but
thoughts
inside my head

One thing
that I don't
understand
the lyric
dribbles from
the word of man
but I can't
think of
anything but sand
and how unbelievably

dumb I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment